Saturday, July 11, 2009

Smart Car

















I haven't seen many of these cute little cars on the road yet but the license plate Walnut 1 is very funny.

The size reminds me of my first car, a Karmann Ghia by Volkswagen. The windshield washer fluid ran off the air pressure in the spare tire. The back seat folded down for a surprisingly spacious trunk and it was a joy to drive.

My Ghia looked the same as the one in the photo except it was green. I have photos of the car but they are Kodak prints in an album that I never converted to digital. I should scan my albums since it would be nice to have a backup.

When the Ghia died I held a wake. I wish now I had kept it and had it repaired but I was in college and couldn't justify spending more on repairs than I did for the car.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment