Friday, April 3, 2009

No Questions, Just Give Me A Quote



I used to have an insurance agency and while I cherished the relationships I built with my clients some were quite funny. A woman called me to get an insurance quote for a home she was buying. M is for me and C is for client; I'll spare you the details and get to the good part. This is a true story.

C. I don't want to talk about my home over the phone.
M. Why
C. Because I can't see your face.
M. We could make an appointment for you to come into the office.
C. OK you can ask me questions. I don't like to meet people.
M. How old is your home?
C. 100, 200, or 300 years.
M. I'll look that up for you in the property tax web site.
C. How do you know so much about my home?
M. It's public information on the county web site. What city do you live in?
C. That's too personal.
M. I need to know the city to give you a quote, do you live in Minneapolis?
C. Yes, how did you know that?
M. My caller ID shows a Minneapolis exchange. How much do you want your deductible to be?
C. I don't know, I'll ask my Realtor.
M. Who is your Realtor?
C. That's too personal.
M. Perhaps your Realtor could help answer some of my questions so I can give you a quote.
C. OK. He's my neighbor but he's at work now. He can't take calls at work.
M. Does the house have any damage that needs repairing?
C. It's a good house but there is a hole in the roof.
M. How big of hole?
C. Bigger than my chair but smaller than the table.
M. I'm sorry but I'm unable to insure a home with a hole in the roof. The hole would have to be repaired before I can cover it.
C. I don't want the hole insured; just the house around it.

Real estate ad for squirrels haiku

skylight views, acorns
cozy pink fiberglass nest
wooded lot, big yard

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment