Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rainbows Dancing









I have hundreds of lead crystals hanging in my studio window and every afternoon the room is flooded with rainbows. The rainbows cover the ceiling, walls and even spill out into the hallway. The heat vent under the window causes the crystals to gently move. I became tired of paying premium prices for lead crystals so I bought 2 homely lead crystal chandeliers on clearance and took them apart, now my studio has a curtain of crystal that Liberace would love.

i. newton is Sir Issac Newton and my haiku refers to the work Newton did with refracting light through prisms.

Lead oxide is added to molten glass to increase it's sparkle. If you store wine in a lead crystal decanter you might want to check out a study by the North Carolina State University indicating that the lead can leach into the wine and liquor.

lead oxide facets
crystalline light refracting
i. newton smiles

I collect phrases you never thought you'd hear; I said to my husband "I wrote poem about Issac Newton this morning."

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment