Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's Finally Raining



















The yard was beginning to look dreadful. We have one of the few houses in the neighborhood without automatic sprinklers and since we have so many mature trees we can avoid watering until things become pretty dire.

The flowering cactus Micron pen ACEO ink drawing was tinted with watercolor pencils. I had the pencils but never seemed inclined to use them.

They work OK but I prefer ink or watercolors. They would be nice for outdoor artistic endeavors where you don't want to bring along a lot of materials. I need to play with them more and develop better technique. I wasn't sure what would happen when I added water and how much color needed to be laid down so I wanted to try them on a simple sketch. I think I saw a cactus like this in a magazine at Barnes and Noble but I don't remember which; I did the drawing from my freaky memory.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment